Sunday, November 6, 2016

The End of an Era...Farewell Laser Quest Rochester

I realize that if you look back on this blog you will find a post titled "Why I'm Just Not Wild About Quest", but I must say over time my appreciation for it grew and I am saddened to know the Rochester Quest will be closing their doors in two weeks.


So I made the trip out to play here one last time...or two because they are running a special to thank their customers.


The staff at "mission control" we're really appreciative when I told them how far I drove to play my farewell games here.


I haven't been here in probably about six months so my status as number 1 ranked member has dropped to 10 in my absence and inactivity. I wonder if I can do enough to boost it while I'm here? :)

So I took my game cards and got ready to head into the briefing room and play the arena for one final night.



And I had a great final time in the arena. After playing just one game my rank had jumped from 10 back to 1. (...and don't get me wrong, I still know my place when I play with REAL Quest players ala Potomac Mills...if there were serious members here the place wouldn't be closing)




Seems like a good place to leave things. :)

After my second game played against a rowdy group of college aged players who definitely thought they owned the game and were eyeing me when they saw what happened I enjoyed being called in first place again while the radio played Aretha Franklin's "Respect". :)

It was well worth the trip to have the chance to remember the good times I have enjoyed playing here in the past. I am sorry to see the Rochester location close, but I will look forward to the next time I play some Quest elsewhere.


Comments or questions?
Contact: tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com

Blog: tiviachickloveslasertag.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment