Sunday, March 4, 2018

Laser Mania in Mississippi

There is only one place in the United States where a person can play Laser Mania and that is in Hattiesburg, Mississippi…so you know I had to visit!



I was fortunate enough to sit down with Laser Mania president Pat Rothwell for an interview to learn about the system that he manufactures with his business partner and programmer Jonathan Craft.


The arena is built inside an old movie theater, so the observation deck is in what was once the projection room.


And it overlooks an arena that has a real 90s vibe.




At the end of the game I had the top score, so they gave me a small first place button. I think this is very smart strategy to keep people interested as I was told that once you accumulate three of these buttons you can turn them in for a larger button. This would certainly encourage people to return.


I got to play against a public group, but also had a great time with the staff and friends.


And it was cool to see not only the three generations of the phasers/equipment…


1st gen…



2nd gen…



3rd gen…




…but also to even see some of their custom prototype work.



Many thanks to Pat for all the insight into the Laser Mania system and for a truly unique experience playing Laser Mania at your site!


Comments or Questions?
Contact: tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com



No comments:

Post a Comment