Sunday, April 5, 2020

Interesting Reading…and “Still I Can Do Something”

I recently received my April edition of RePlay Magazine and was looking forward to reading the coverage of last month’s Laser Tag Convention and Amusement Expo. However, we are now living in a crazy time when I have started setting mail aside for a couple of days to be extra cautious, so I didn’t have a chance to read the magazine right away. Now that I have, I want to thank them for including a photo and mention of my video series in this month’s issue.





I’m appreciative to see that included along with all the other expo coverage in this magazine, which to a large extent featured events that took place prior to everything in our country changing so dramatically. This was a little surreal to read, but also something I very much enjoyed seeing.



Then I started my less happy reading of the news online where I am trying to keep daily tabs on the ever-evolving state of our nation and the recommendations of the CDC for our safety. I see that now the CDC is recommending wearing face coverings in public settings. During a time where I feel so helpless to do much, I thought this is something I might be able to help with in a small way as I am a woman now with a lot of time on my hands and a sewing machine.



I am inspired by the words of American author Edward Everett Hale…



“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”





So, in that spirit I will share the “something I can do.” I am making masks and requesting responses if extras desired. It’s free, just my way to help out if someone reading this needs a homemade mask and can’t get one, please just drop me a note at the email below. Obviously, these are not medical masks. I’m just volunteering my limited skills with my sewing machine and using the materials I have on hand, but if I can help someone out with a simple face covering just to keep your mouth and nose covered please let me know and I will do my best to help for as long as my stock of supplies last. I have a couple dozen finished and am working on more. I may not be able to make huge numbers…”but still I can do something.” Please stay safe and healthy.





Comments or Questions?

Contact: Tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com

Websites: www.tiviachickloveslasertag.com and www.photonforever.com

No comments:

Post a Comment