Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Saving the Universe (One Challenge at a Time)

My cell phone rang while I was in the middle of a laser tag game. Rather than let it go to voicemail, I answered it by saying “Can’t talk, I’m saving the universe. Can I call you back?” Ok, a little over the top, but we were playing Photon emulation and I was in the zone. :) When the game is played properly it should be immersive enough to take you out of “real life” for a ten minute escape.

However, I like to stack my ten minute escapes back to back into a full night of laser tag and that’s how I prefer to complete my own laser tag 5K challenge each quarter. So this particular night I showed up ready to complete my goal and earn my Tag 4 A Cause medal. You can do it too!



I love hosting successful event nights to help fundraise for the causes I believe in, but this is a reminder that the challenge is on for a full three months. For the final quarter of 2023 Tag 4 A Cause is supporting Special Olympics New York and you can help when you accept the challenge and participate on your own in any laser tag arena, not just during a special event.


Participating in three steps is easy…

  1. Donate directly to Special Olympics New York using the link on the Tag 4 A Cause webpage.
  2. Pledge (on your honor) to laser tag the equivalent of 5K. It’s like participating in a road race, but inside a laser tag arena and you can do it at your own pace over the course of multiple laser tag games. I track my 5K (3.11 miles) on my Fitbit, but you can use any distance tracker on your phone.
  3. Earn the medal. Just submit the form on the Tag 4 A Cause webpage and note your donation receipt number and I will send you a resin medal as my personal thanks for supporting the cause.

This challenge goes all the way through the rest of 2023. Find the full info at https://www.tiviachickloveslasertag.com/tag-4-special-olympics-ny. Ok, maybe we aren’t “saving the universe”, but I do believe this is a way we can use laser tag to make the world a better place one tag at a time!



Comments or Questions? 

Contact: Tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com 

Websites: www.tiviachickloveslasertag.com and www.photonforever.com

No comments:

Post a Comment