Friday, May 27, 2016

Where's Your Scoreboard?

It was an easy drive down to Maryland the day before Baltigeddon and upon arriving I joined my friend Jessica for dinner and enjoyed a Maryland crab cake in Frederick before heading over to Shadowland. I've been to Shadowland locations before, but this was my first time visiting this particular one that was located inside a mall. I purchased two games (because I knew morning would come quickly and I didn't feel the need to push it) and was ready to enjoy some Darklight.


While waiting for the current game in progress to end I looked around the place and was surprised to find that something was missing. I asked the staffer "where's the scoreboard?" He said "we don't have one." What?! Well, OK...

I was a taken into the briefing room with over twenty players. We entered a really small arena, but it had two levels to make the most of the space. We were given an overview of the rules to the Endgame format. I hit the gems a reasonable amount of times, but lack of familiarity with the arena hurt me as I didn't properly identify the green base.

The blue team (my team) was the first place team that round, however I was not satisfied with my personal placement, so I got some more detailed instruction from the staff. After all, it's been about a year since I've had a chance to play Darklight and I had forgotten a lot about it.


The next game I went in prepared to win it. I held a solid first place rank for the majority of the game.


However, it wasn't long before the other players got wise and that made me a specific target for a few who teamed up against me. Meanwhile I had nobody to team up with because the tag partner I had expected to be traveling with had to stay behind sick. So I fended them off solo, but they got enough hits after joining forces to knock me into second place. To be honest, that really irritated me. Since this was my second (and last) game tonight I really tried to pull off the win. Keeping perspective, I was brand new to their arena, I should have been happy just that I was playing well. Then literally in the very last second someone got one more shot off that knocked me into third place. Seriously, not even second? Sheesh. I think I'm going to have to get back for some Darklight redemption before this weekend is over. :)


Comments or questions?
Contact: tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com

Blog: tiviachickloveslasertag.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment