Monday, December 20, 2021

The Marathon Ends in the Laser Tag Arena

When I say a marathon ended in the laser tag arena I am not exaggerating. I mean I completed a literal 26.2 mile marathon while at my local laser tag arena this past weekend.

Ok, I’ll take a moment to explain. I had signed up for a one day step challenge in support of the Ninjas Fighting Lymphedema Foundation. I was determined to get the most steps by the end of the day, so I started early and I walked…and walked…and walked some more. Mostly I was mall walking because it is the week before Christmas, shopping needed to get done too and a ninja princess does have to multi-task!


It’s amazing how far you can go once you start moving. I was over a half-marathon (13.1 miles) before I left the mall and was ready for a change of venue, so of course I headed off for some Saturday night laser tag, wondering how much I had left in me at that point. Yes, I was already tired, but my motivation outweighed my exhaustion (kind of like at Armageddon) so I pushed onward.


I played all night and walked laps around the arcade area in between games. I watched the count increase on my step tracking app as each game went by. We played a variety of formats (SM4 got me the most in-game steps) and I was reminded what great exercise laser tag can be and for the first time ever I completed a full marathon of steps in a single day! I walked over 26.2 miles, the equivalent of an actual marathon, completing this milestone inside the laser tag arena. Not gonna lie, that achievement felt amazing!



By the end of the night I had crossed over 51,000 steps for the challenge and completed a challenge that pushed me farther than I thought I could go!



Yes, the majority of these steps were done mall walking or in the arcade area, but the steps I achieve inside the arena mean even more when they coincide with the completion of a goal, whether it is specifically related to laser tag or not. I am so glad I have found so many opportunities to reach new achievements while incorporating laser tag into fitness, fundraising and (of course) fun!



Comments or Questions?

Contact: Tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com

Websites: www.tiviachickloveslasertag.com and www.photonforever.com

No comments:

Post a Comment