Monday, September 7, 2015

I Love the 80s

Tonight I am sitting at home watching the 1987 movie "Masters of the Universe" on Netflix and enjoying the scene before they transport through the open portal because as I watch it now I realize that in essence I am watching a laser tag battle between He-Man and Skeletor. Re-watch this film and you will see exactly what I am talking about. :)

And I'm also thinking back on the tag I played over the weekend. Not quite sure what to make of Saturday night. In a lot of ways it was average. The normal outcomes for games played hard, but somehow I sensed that it was more a night of going through the motions than anything else. I was ready for some serious practice, but rolled with a more basic night of game play instead. Meanwhile, outside the arena a few interesting things took place.

Speaking of things from the 80s, I had recently returned from a convention that I will be chairing next year. I wore my t-shirt promoting an upcoming related movie and was delighted and surprised when a teenage girl with blue hair got very excited and asked me where I got my shirt. Has my love of all things retro suddenly become cool again? It appears so. I shared some pics of the guests I had been hanging out with and the girl loved seeing the faces behind the music...so did her two little sisters who were there to play some tag also. I suppose they found my laser tag kryptonite because after bonding over the photos I really didn't have the heart to tag any of them!

I also saw a couple familiar faces from the Laserforce arena. I didn't expect to see them there. Oddly, in a way I feel like I'm cheating on Laserforce because I haven't played there in about two months while I've been putting all my focus into Zone in preparation for the tournament. Oh, well...I told them I'll be back in a couple of weeks once the Invites are over.

Finally, I realized I've been racking up a ton of points in the arcade between games these last few weeks, so I decided to take home a prize to add to the collection of oversized plushes that I've acquired as a result of spending way too much time (and money) at the arena. So look who was riding home shotgun on Saturday night...


Maybe a laid back night was actually a good thing because it kept me from overdoing it and pushing too hard this weekend...much better that I save it all up for the event. So I am reflecting and also getting excited to meet up with my team and see what we can deliver. Philly, here we come!

Comments or questions?
Contact: tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment