Wednesday, August 10, 2016

My 20th State!

You may ask why I drove 7 1/2 hours in order to play 7 1/2 minutes of Lazer Runner. I think I have an excellent reason...to check off Delaware as the 20th state where I have played laser tag!


Now, this was no easy feat because it is a bit out of the way (simply as far as my travel plans go, it was a detour). It was also a challenge because there is almost nowhere in the state to play laser tag, even in spite of being the state where the Zone laser tag home offices are located. However, I was excited to learn that I could play a round at the Family Fun Galaxy, an arcade and entertainment center attached to the Mid-County Lanes in Middletown, DE. It was not a very big or flashy arena, but the staff there were cool. I went in as part of a group of three, which was probably an appropriate size group for this location. They had seemingly never played before, so it was not a round to push it, but fun to play nonetheless.

The staff here were really cool and when I asked the game master to take a photo outside the Runner arch I mentioned that this was my 20th state.


He must have shared that because as I was leaving the girl behind the counter, Logan, caught up with me in the parking lot and told me she thought what I was doing was cool and wanted to call her manager to try to connect me with a t-shirt (which they don't generally offer to the public). That was so great of her to do, especially since you know I collect my tag swag!


So I left Family Fun Galaxy feeling like that trip was totally worth the detour...and now I have the t-shirt to prove it and a claim to having now played laser tag in my 20th state!


Comments or questions?
Contact: tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com

Blog: tiviachickloveslasertag.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment