Friday, April 6, 2018

The End of an Era: Goodbye Fun Junction

It's nearly 1:00 in the morning in Montana right now as I am writing this (we'll get into what I'm doing in Montana in another post). I don't think I'll be sleeping any more tonight because I just read that FJ has closed and am truly beside myself!


I was just there on Saturday! Nobody said a word. Is it possible it was so sudden that they didn't know? I'm just speechless.

I don't know what it was that made me snap the photo of the entrance that night (the one in my last post), but I'm so glad I did. I wish I took more. It's like in the back of my mind I knew there would eventually be a "last time" and I wanted to commemorate it. But I just had no idea that this was it! My heart truly hurts that I didn't even realize it was the last time I would ever play at my first laser tag home. So many memories, so many friends, so much that started because I developed my love of laser tag there before anywhere else.

To all the staff (Kevin, Nate, Dakota...and former staff like Jared, John and Kimmy) thank you for all the great times. When I am in a place to do so I will post some pics of my favorite FJ memories. Right now I will just be thankful that I had one last Saturday night there. I'm remembering that night so differently from this perspective only four short days later. I don't feel like this place got a proper goodbye. However, it will always have a special place in my heart.



Comments or Questions?

Contact: tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com



No comments:

Post a Comment