Sunday, August 4, 2024

Love is a Laser

I have a friend who wrote the coolest laser tag song! Shout out to Doug X for his lyrics to this awesome creation (music and vocals are AI).


He did way better than I did. Years ago I wrote a laser tag rap (cringing as I write those words) and when I performed my laser tag song for an audience of eight (my “supportive” team) you could hear crickets. However, as a glutton for punishment, sure, I will share a couple of the lyrics…give me a rap beat…


“See that laser? Shot it from my phaser

Firing my beam, it’s cutting like a razor

Calling that a blind shot? Show me now what you’ve got.

Something, something, something (can’t remember) and playing like a Zone dog.

This chick is ‘active, active’ doing what I do

Don’t need a ‘warning, warning’ telling me that you

are only in it for the ‘geddon gold

A single site is gettin’ old

I’m about variety and playing everywhere I go

I’m ’all about that base’ cracking

Gettng in your face

Stunning when I stun your shoulders,

I don’t need to chase

Arena’s in a strip mall

Tagging down the back wall

Punishing you back to base

That’s how the random CHIPS fall.”


Ok, no wonder I am not a songwriter. However, props to Doug because he is pulling it off and creating something really cool for the laser tag community.


On the note of songwriters, this weekend I had a chance to meet one of my favorites, Debbie Gibson performing for the 35th anniversary of Electric Youth. When she wrote the line “Zappin’ it to ya” do you think she had laser tag in mind? :)







Comments or Questions? 

Contact: Tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com 

Websites: www.tiviachickloveslasertag.com

and https://tiviachick.wixsite.com/photonforever

No comments:

Post a Comment