Monday, August 19, 2024

Weekend Adventures Take Me to the Outer Limits

It has been too long since my last laser tag trip (Armageddon does not count), where I just hit the road and explored some new arenas. That’s why I was so excited to learn about a new laser tag arena that had opened in Monroeville, PA (one that even Logan hadn’t found yet!) and I would have time to explore this before heading up to Butler for the events that had brought me into the area. So after spending a leisurely morning in Pittsburgh I headed over to Outer Limits Adventure Park in Monroeville for to start my trip with a little Helios 2.


First, kudos to the staff. The center opened at noon and when I walked in at 12:01 of course I expected to be the only laser tag player there, but I needed an early start to keep in schedule. Experience has taught me that not every site is prepared to deal with early morning solo walk-ins, but at Outer Limits they were incredibly accommodating and immediately set me up with a 1v1 game against staff member Day (I love her name!) who led me to a stunning cyber-themed briefing room. I love when the briefing area isn’t overlooked and coordinates with the overall arena experience. We vested up and got ready for a game!



Because I have had fewer travels than usual this year, everything is feeling new again to me in a good way. However, in this case I could tell (even before I asked) that the whole arena was brand new. It has that fresh look to it that makes you take a second look at everything. 


The arena itself is around 2000 square feet, but they have made the most of that space. In each end there are short ramps leading to raised platforms that give a bit of bridge height within the single-level space. 



In addition to the standard maze, there are several cool structures to tag in, around and through.




I liked this faux computer element.



And the whole space had a “black-light” kind of effect without actually using traditional black lights.





Day and I chased each other around the space for a really fun game. Don’t forget the garrison bases!



This was a great way to start the day! And I picked up a tag swag souvenir to add to my collection.


I know a few locals who will be checking out this site before too long, but I feel like I was the first in the tag community to find this little gem that is certainly worth a visit!



Comments or Questions? 

Contact: Tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com 

Websites: www.tiviachickloveslasertag.com

and https://tiviachick.wixsite.com/photonforever

No comments:

Post a Comment