Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Laser Tag at the Laser Barn

I really love finding interesting and unusual ways to play laser tag, so I was very interested to visit the Laser Barn in Yankton, South Dakota. My original schedule did not allow enough time for a visit so I want to express big thanks to owners Kim and Peggy who were kind enough to open up early so that I could get a game in at the start of my day driving northbound.


The Laser Barn runs Adventure Sports HQ tactical laser tag gear which was a first for me.



Peggy gave me some history and told me that this equipment was designed in part for kids who wanted to have a paintball experience, but were unable to do so (such as children in the Make-A-Wish program)…this laser tag equipment made it possible for some to have that kind of experience. It takes ten shots to deactivate a player and cause the red lights on the headband to go on.

For them as business owners this equipment was versatile enough to work for a mobile game or on any of their three fields. They have two outdoor fields…




…and also an indoor field.


Their indoor, multi-level arena has been recently remodeled following some unfortunate water damage to the bottom level. I saw photos of what the water did over the winter, but I can tell you the place looks like new! I suppose this is one of the benefits of them also owning a saw mill, so plenty of wood was used to create the aesthetic for the three levels inside the Laser Barn.



There’s also a nice use of wood décor and design in their dining area where they host parties and groups and offer a food menu including…




…a 52 inch pizza!

I’m told that in October they transform their laser tag space into a haunted house, so for anyone looking for something a little different in their laser tag experience the Laser Barn can certainly accommodate. For me it was a different game than I am accustomed to and I can’t say I played very well (but perhaps as well as I ever do at tactical), but it was still a lot of fun! I’m so glad I had the chance to stop by while in South Dakota. :)



Comments or Questions?
Contact: tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com
Websites: www.tiviachickloveslasertag.com and www.photonforever.com

No comments:

Post a Comment