Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Dragons and Castles and Phasers, Oh My!

I was seriously impressed with my experience laser tagging at Golfland Sunsplash in Mesa, AZ. 


This is probably the coolest arena in which I have ever played Lazer Runner. Yes, that is a very specific statement, but it is also incredibly accurate. 


My impression of this center began to take shape as soon as I walked up to the entrance of this giant castle. 



I arrived just in time to join a group that was heading up the stairs to the second floor arena, where I encountered some interesting things. First, it was unique compared to many of the Lazer Runner experiences I have had in a couple of ways. This is the first time I can ever recall actually seeing a Lazer Runner briefing video. That may sound like a small thing, but what are the odds that it would have taken this long for me to see it?



Also, this was the first time I have ever had a code name assigned to a Runner pack. Clearly the capability is there and most arenas must simply not be putting in the extra effort. Meanwhile, this center is doing it right!



The equipment was clearly the newer gear and it played very well for a smooth and enjoyable game experience. 


I joined up with the group and after vesting up in one designated corner of the room, we made our way into the arena space. It is a single level space with a lot of cool things going on…and a few surprises!


I was told the medieval themed artwork on the inner maze walls was done by their staff and the arena was fully redesigned about six months ago. They did an impressive job!





There is an unusual, freestanding staircase positioned on one side if you are inclined to want to get some height. I question whether there is much practicality for this, but it is definitely unique and not something I come across often.



The outer walls have beautifully done mural-style art reflecting the overall theme. One wall in particular caught my attention.



This wall literally pictures the king and queen of the castle, the owners of this facility. I absolutely LOVE personalized touches like this and I think the idea was incorporated really well!


The music was upbeat and really energized the game. And every now and again…WHOOSH!!!!! A loud blast of air would blow downward and hit you from above! This is a VERY surprising and effective way to give players an unexpected jolt periodically throughout the game. This was one of the most memorable takeaways for me that keeps the adrenaline pumping and it definitely made me jump every time!


The dragon is the real showpiece of this arena.



Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it he experience and we gathered for a group photo at the end.



The concession area had a nice variety of options (fried avocado…YUM!!!) and I ordered a combo so I could take home this cool souvenir cup.



This was a really memorable arena and I can’t say enough about how much I enjoyed this visit to Golfland Sunsplash and their festive castle!



Comments or Questions? 

Contact: Tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com 

Websites: www.tiviachickloveslasertag.com

and https://tiviachick.wixsite.com/photonforever

No comments:

Post a Comment