Wednesday, October 9, 2024

One Night in Tucson

Since I was a young girl I have been completely enamored with the southwest and in particular, Tucson. This in no small part had to do with seeing it portrayed in one of my favorite shows as such a beautiful place (which it is). 

My last visit to this area was about five years ago and since that time a new Main Event has opened in Tucson, I’m told just a little over a year ago. Of course I spent my one night in Tucson checking it out. :)


I had expected for this location to look…well…exactly like the others. Typically Main Event locations use a formula that repeats across their arenas, so much so that I have been able to take the same series of photos in the same spots in the arena on so many occasions I could line them up and they would look nearly identical. However, this one is new and they did some new things to significantly change the look of this arena. Perhaps more similar arenas are being (or will be) used in their other new locations, but this was my first look at a completely fresh design for Main Event’s laser tag, making me feel like I had made the right choice to come see the Tucson ME location.



I’m taking note when I see “Cyprus” show up

In the briefing video (as was the case here). For what it’s worth, I find this militaristic character approach to be a vast improvement in the engagement/entertainment value of the Delta Strike videos.


This was the first time I was “required” to purchase my game at a kiosk rather than at a desk with a human being. While I am not blind to the direction the industry is taking, I could do with a little less automation. However, the young woman running the game was incredibly personable and well informed about the facility and the arena, so kudos to her…five stars for a human interaction! :)


Generally speaking I can recognize one arena vendor’s work from another pretty easily, but unless there has been a significant shake-up, I was surprised to see this styling inside a Main Event. However, the place looks really sharp!




I particularly liked the ramp elevation.



And there are better structures for tagging in and around, between this little room (tagged by “LazerBrain” if you choose to analyze the text above the doorway).



I don’t know why, but I love to see a vehicle style used to establish the base housing.



And on a weekend that was going to be full of nostalgia, how cool was it to find “Good Burger” (you know…home of the Good Burger!) against one wall right next to a gateway.




I jumped into a 1v1 game with a young man who told me it was his first time playing here and he wanted to compare the two experience against another local arena. By his enthusiasm at the end, I gather he had a really good time playing, as did I. After a brief stop at concessions for ice cream I headed off for one more laser tag experience before wrapping up my one night in Tucson at a cowboy cookout. I’m really pleased to say, with all the new elements in this arena, this was a really nice visit to Main Event Tucson.





Comments or Questions? 

Contact: Tivia@tiviachickloveslasertag.com 

Websites: www.tiviachickloveslasertag.com

and https://tiviachick.wixsite.com/photonforever

No comments:

Post a Comment